BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 23, 2010

You Hear that Doug?

I could have made my first blog about Mark Ronson (the man!!) or John Lennon but I decided to blog about something WAY WAY WAY HOTTER.
But first a story.

Recently, my friends and I decided to go see the awesome *Goldish* at Emmerencia. When we got there the second act was a band called *Goodluck*. I already thought "Oh geez. Bring on the Fishies before I'm 60!"
And Goodluck just walked up there and mid-Jazzy Fizzle I was half convinced that this might be a decent band.
Somewhere between Harlem and Why Don't You I was totally into this band, dancing like a freak in skinny jeans and pirate boots on wet grass.

Who is this Goodluck?
Goodluck does the same sort of Electronic Jazz thing that Goldfish does but their lead singer Juliet Harding has this amazing 40s Jazz Lounge voice that gives the band their own flavour of awesome. The (electronic percussion??) guy, Ben Peters is the Master Mind that makes all of the awesome jams that you can dance to for hours on end. When he is on stage he just does his (dare I say it?) thing. Then there is the sax and keys player, Raiven Hansmann- he OWNS the sax and the keys. and should I mention that he is >hott<? I just did.
Together, this trio makes musical magic! You should find a way to get a hold of their 6-song album "Get Lucky"
My favorite songs?
1. Electro thing: The instruments and the lyrics are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G
and the best,
2. (1666) London: It's one of those songs that you manage to squeeze into ALL of your playlists because you can't get enough.
I have a feeling that Goodluck is going to do way bigger things and I, for one, can't wait for their debut album (soon?):-D
So on that note. Go check out this awesome band on Facebook. And check them out at Rocking the Daisies.
kthat'sitbye

1 comment:

  1. Nice first post Judith-Child. :) Loving the background too. :) Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete