BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 31, 2010

Canada + Indie + Awesome = This Movie




Mitchell's First Official Post



















It is about a guy who has to battle his budding girlfriend's seven evil exes. Yes. It does sound like a tacky, excessively-filled-with-explosions Jean Claude van Damme action thriller. But in a way that has only really been achieved in movies like Mean Girls, it is already making its way into the language of the nouveau riche. It demands for you to quote it compulsively (to the point of a intervention being suggested) and when you find someone who has watched it too (high five!)... you tend to reminisce about all the best bits until the rest of your friends threaten to 'leave you two at it.'





Highlights:




Firstly, the script is insane! Lines such as, "Scott, if your life had a face... I would punch it," and "Prepare to die... obviously" had me itching to tweet every delicious line (@mitchie1312- I'm not above shameless self-promotion). It is a glorious combination of comic book and action scenes into a comedy movie that makes you laugh through-out its duration (and not in slapstick which can be classless) in a way that makes you feel oddly intellectually superior. This humour was greatly appreciated because it wasn't pandering - as so many movies aimed at the youth are. The repartee will keep you coming back for more (which was about twelve times in my case). Musically, I would expect nothing less than awesome indie and alternative tracks from a Michael Cera movie and it delivers. The soundtrack, which has worthy comparisons to the Juno soundtrack, is a welcome addition on my Blackberry.


Lame bits:


This is hard... Scott Pilgrim vs. the World was a masterpiece! There is literally nothing that I can honestly say was dreadful or even remotely bad... except for, perhaps in a cliched way, the fact that it didn't last for seven hours longer - which would have been openly welcomed.


My overall opinion?




Acting: 7/10
Music: 8/10
Plot: 8/10
Cinematography: 8/10
General Awesome: 10/10




Total Score: 41/50











Thus, go see this movie (trailer above) as it will very simply put: rock your world. Definitely worth the time and you will not be disappointed by this soon to be cult-classic.






It is during the long December holidays when I wish I was like Phineus and Ferb who would wake up in the morning and say, 'I know what we're gonna do today' and gosh darnit'- I would build the Leaning Tower of Pisa on my roof! Unfortunately, outside the awesome bubble of my imagination I do not spend my holidays 'building a robot or fighting a mummy' instead, I hunt down good movies and then proceed to vegetate for those blissful hours of abandonment. As such, when the opportunity arose to see this movie, which came highly recommended, I jumped and my life is distinctly better for it.


Much Love. xxx :)

No comments:

Post a Comment